- PhD Fellow,
- M.Sc in Embedded Systems,
- B.Sc in Electrical Engineering,
- Audio processing,
- Sensor integration programming
- Software development and bash scripting
- PCB layout
- Computer vision application
Download my Curriculum Vitae : CV – Usama Saqib
My name is Usama Saqib. I am currently pursuing my PhD from Aalborg University, Denmark. The title of my research is “Signal Processing for Robots and Drones.” As part of my research, I am interested in designing sound processing algorithm for spatial map generation using the concept of echolocation. Compared to existing lidar- and camera-based technologies,, my approach could detect glass or transparent surfaces. Moreover, the algorithm that I propose could be used within any kind of robotic platforms. Using my background knowledge in embedded system development, I have managed to built a proof of concept robotic platform that constructs a spatial map of an environment as the robot moves within an environment.
In the period of 3 years, I have published and submitted several conference papers and journals. Furthermore, I have provided supervision, mentorship and teaching assistant duties within Aalborg University to undergraduates and master students.
I enjoy working with people from different discipline which help me acquire new skills and knowledge that help me grow professionally and personally. In this website, I have included all the research/projects that I have done in my professional career as well as those I do at home. I have worked for about 5 years with several start-ups in different part of the world. Needless to say, these experiences has taught me a lot.
- U. Saqib , and J. R. Jensen, “A Framework for Spatial Map Generation using Acoustic Echoes for Robotic Platforms”. Transactions on Robotics (TR-O), 2021, 16. (Submitted)
- U. Saqib , M. G. Christensen, & J. R. Jensen, “Robust Acoustic Reflector Localization for Robots“. Robot and Automation Letter (RA-L), 2021, 8, (Submitted) https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-03154438/document
- U. Saqib, S. Gannot, and J.R. Jensen, “Estimation of acoustic echoes using expectation-maximization methods“. J AUDIO SPEECH MUSIC PROC. 2020, 12. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13636-020-00179-z
- U. Saqib, A. Deleforge and J. R. Jensen, , “Detecting Acoustic Reflections using Robot’s Ego-noise,” 2021 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Toronto, Canada, 2021.
- U. Saqib and J. R. Jensen, “A model-based approach to acoustic reflector localization with a robotic platform,” 2020 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Las Vegas, U.S., 2020, pp. 1-5
- J. R. Jensen, U. Saqib and S. Gannot, “An Em Method for Multichannel Toa and Doa Estimation of Acoustic Echoes,” 2019 IEEE Workshop on Applications of Signal Processing to Audio and Acoustics (WASPAA), New Paltz, NY, USA, 2019, pp. 120-124, doi: 10.1109/WASPAA.2019.8937252.
- U. Saqib and J. R. Jensen, “Sound-based Distance Estimation for Indoor Navigation in the Presence of Ego Noise,” 2019 27th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), A Coruna, Spain, 2019, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.23919/EUSIPCO.2019.8902694.
- Teacher Assistant (Spring 2019, 2020, 2021) : Physical Interface Design
- Help student with supervision, hardware implementation, assignments and projects
- electronic troubleshooting and concepts clarification
- supervised undergraduate students with semester projects on audio processing and electronics
- helped students understand audio analysis and electronic concepts
- mentored interned from other universities
- supervised students enrolled in MSc for Entrepreneur Engineering course
- Oral presentation :
- 27th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), 2019, La Coruna, Spain.
- International Conference in Robotics and Automation (IROS), 2020, Las Vegas, USA
- Audio Analysis Lab Workshop (2018,2019), Aalborg, Denmark